Xiaomi 13 Ultra gives me terrible battery life

megaince

Members
Apr 19, 2023
I previously owned the standard Xiaomi 13, which provided me with fantastic battery life, boasting around 8 hours of screen-on time despite its compact size. However, my current Xiaomi 13 Ultra, equipped with a 5000 mAh battery, barely gives me 6-7 hours of screen on time. I have used both devices in exactly the same way, but it appears that something is not right with my 13 Ultra. I have tried various ROMs, yet all of them give the same result. I see my phone uses 13% of battery per hour as per Battery Guru, also the battery usage graph reveals it has lots of spikes in it, reaching 2.5A transiently

Attachments

• mA stat.jpg
    mA stat.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Usage.jpg
    Usage.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 86
Check the list of autostart apps.
Select "restricted activity" in app options for background activity
Deactivate all location services, including the Google emergency/disaster notifications.
Use 60hz,lower resolution and dark mode
Check out accubattery

Last edited:
Since you have tried already different software solutions, most probably your phone have a hardware issue, even the battery is faulty or phone motherboard.
Send it to a service for a diagnose.

What did battery guru report on your old phone?

I'm curious because I own a 14Ultra with same battery.
Average Screen On is about 10-15%/hr. Screen off is 1-2%
However, if I use the camera app, it will be 20-45%/hr

So SOT is around 7hrs for me.

I feel like 10-15%/hr with screen on is fairly normal for a phone depending what you are doing with it. This is about what I am seeing on my Huawei P30 pro but the camera app doesnt drain as fast.
What apps do you usually use?

What do other people get with screen on? is it much lower?