New Mi Account/Devices not working

cobben

Members
Dec 2, 2017
In Settings/Mi Account/Devices
I get: "Can't connect to network" - "Refresh".

The same problem in Mi Note 2 and Mix1 running EU 9.4.25.

It works in Max1 helium running EU 9.1.3.
There it is here:
Settings/Mi Account/Account security/Devices/Other devices

Not working in Mix1 EU 9.5.9.

This is of course a minor bug, but it is very convenient when you need to remotely remove a device from your Mi account.

Not working in Mix1 EU 9.5.9.

This is of course a minor bug, but it is very convenient when you need to remotely remove a device from your Mi account.
But in reality, no one is going to be doing that daily.

But in reality, no one is going to be doing that daily.

Of course not, lots of things are not done daily.
Like "Find my phone".

But it's nice when you've sold a phone and forgotten to remove it from your Mi account.

Of course not, lots of things are not done daily.
Like "Find my phone".

But it's nice when you've sold a phone and forgotten to remove it from your Mi account.
just use the web interface, takes seconds :)

just use the web interface, takes seconds :)

Yes.

I just put in my new simcard in the Mix1, and I get even VoLTE, but I can't activate the new number in MI Cloud, complains:
"MI cloud: can't connect to network"

Don't know if this is a temporary problem with Xiaomis servers, or related to the bug in this thread.

In my phone with my primary number, Mi cloud sync works for everything, except for
"messages: simcard activation error, reactivate"
But it won't reactivate.

So perhaps a Xiaomi server problem.

Yes.

I just put in my new simcard in the Mix1, and I get even VoLTE, but I can't activate the new number in MI Cloud, complains:
"MI cloud: can't connect to network"

Don't know if this is a temporary problem with Xiaomis servers, or related to the bug in this thread.

In my phone with my primary number, Mi cloud sync works for everything, except for
"messages: simcard activation error, reactivate"
But it won't reactivate.

So perhaps a Xiaomi server problem.
probably server error, try on another network / VPN to be sure?

probably server error, try on another network / VPN to be sure?

Tried through wifi from my Telia account, the one my Mi account is registered to, same result.
Don't have any other internet out here just now.

My other phones are now syncing normally with MI Cloud.

So it does seem to be a bug.

Will try rebooting, and if that doesn't help, try putting the simcard in the old trusty Max1.

Tried through wifi from my Telia account, the one my Mi account is registered to, same result.
Don't have any other internet out here just now.

My other phones are now syncing normally with MI Cloud.

So it does seem to be a bug.

Will try rebooting, and if that doesn't help, try putting the simcard in the old trusty Max1.
Try the SIM card in other slot (if available to do so).

Also is the Mi Cloud account bound to an older number?

I have the simcard in slot 1, I can try it in slot 2.

The Mi Account is bound to my Telia number, which is in the Mi Note 2.

The Mi Note 2 is again acting strangly, Mi Cloud will sync everything except messages and call history.
For messages it wants me to "reactivate simcard", but when I push that button nothing happens.

I don't know if that is because of Xiaomi server problems, or because of the new number in the Mix1 causing problems.

I think I'll just leave the new simcard in the Mix1 untill tomorrow, and see what happens.
The Note 2 is currently my working phone, I don't need the Mix1 for anything just now.

Addendum:

I should add that everything else seems to be working normally in the Mix1 with EU 9.5.9, including hotspot.
I even get VoLTE with Tele2, which I hadn't necessarily expected.

Last edited:

This was all a hosts file problem.

I put the new simcard in the old Max1, and everything worked directly, even though it only got 3G, lacking LTE band 8.

Then I put it back in the Mix1, and it didn't work still.

When I was trying some various things with the Mi Home app, which would work oddly about 50%, I got a fault message that made me realize it was either the hosts file, or something seriously wrong in the ROM.

I haven't found anything in the guilty hosts file related to Xiaomi or mi.com, etc., so I still don't know exactly what the problem was.

The Max1 still had the older hosts file, I hadn't bothered to update it.

This was all a hosts file problem.

I put the new simcard in the old Max1, and everything worked directly, even though it only got 3G, lacking LTE band 8.

Then I put it back in the Mix1, and it didn't work still.

When I was trying some various things with the Mi Home app, which would work oddly about 50%, I got a fault message that made me realize it was either the hosts file, or something seriously wrong in the ROM.

I haven't found anything in the guilty hosts file related to Xiaomi or mi.com, etc., so I still don't know exactly what the problem was.

The Max1 still had the older hosts file, I hadn't bothered to update it.
Maybe DNS related :)

The original bug I posted about in this thread seems to have been a Xiaomi server problem, as the "Device" function started working suddenly yesterday at the same time in my Mi Note 2, where I haven't changed anything.

The hosts file problem seems to only affect activating new numbers, not already activated ones.

Maybe it was the Russians . . . :cool:

I have been experimenting with DNS, but only in the old Max1 so far.

When Firefox had their problems recently, I installed the Bromite browser, and in it ran across the 1.1.1.1 DNS resolver that Cloudflare is running, and then this:

Haven't gotten around to trying to evaluate that yet, but I only did this so far in Bromite in the Max1.