Jul 20, 2015
Xiaomi 14.
TWRP 3.7.1.12-Xiaomi14_v8.6_A14
Current ROM: xiaomi.eu_multi_HOUJI_OS1.0.36.0.UNCCNXM_os1-14
New ROM to update to: xiaomi.eu_HOUJI_OS1.0.38.0.UNCCNXM_14
Process until now:
1. ROM downloaded and copied on internal storage
2. Selected update package with new ROM and system restarted on recovery mode
3. TWRP asks for Pattern for User [0] to decrypt data. I use the same than the one that I use under system, but it doesn't work -> attempting to decrypt several times without success, so no access to /sdcard contents.

What else have I done?
I restarted system and changed pattern to PIN, I tried again, but same result.
Probably I'm missing something, but I'm really blocked.

Anyone could help? I wonder if reflashing TWRP would arrange something...

It has been said many times that TWRP for the Xiaomi 14 series cannot decrypt data storage.
If you want to update in TWRP you have to use OTG-USB.
You can also update via fastboot using a PC.

It has been said many times that TWRP for the Xiaomi 14 series cannot decrypt data storage.
If you want to update in TWRP you have to use OTG-USB.
You can also update via fastboot using a PC.
Well.... thanks. I was not aware, and I try to follow the updating via update app procedure, as indicated on the main thread of HyperOS stable.
Anyway, I've read again first post, and I will follow Installing with Fastboot as per your suggestion. Every day I learn something new.
Thanks a lot.

• Love
Reactions: spirosmeg
Hello, since now I always updated my xiaomi 14 pro via otg usb but since several Weeks I dont get any update notificiations since I am on 1.0.39. when I look at xiaomu.eu stable roms on hyper OS there is 1.0.41 available. Why I cant update this one?

xKami96x

You have to update manually. Download the ROM from the website.
Xiaomi.eu changed the OTA server and the old version of the Update app does not communicate with the new server. After a manual update, everything will be fine again.

I treid to update via fastboot as the newest rom is over 6 GB and cant be put on a fat32 usb stick, but my device doesnt get recognized by the update cmd program. It says "waiting for device" and when I connect my Xiaomi 14 pro my computer recognizes the device and the connection sound pops up but the program doesnt recognize my smartphone. What can I do? I put my phone in fastboot mode