TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

How can I bypass the ofox main recovery password because I don't remember having given a password and after re-flashing ofox it asks for a password to enter the recovery, of course the password of the phone itself can be bypassed but the main recovery password cannot be bypassed and there is no option for data format To be able to enter recovery is the same even after factory reset

How can I bypass the ofox main recovery password because I don't remember having given a password and after re-flashing ofox it asks for a password to enter the recovery, of course the password of the phone itself can be bypassed but the main recovery password cannot be bypassed and there is no option for data format To be able to enter recovery is the same even after factory reset
Recovery password is yours telephone PIN!!!
If you do not use PIN to unblock phone, setup it and then you will be able to use it in recovery.

Recovery password is yours telephone PIN!!!
If you do not use PIN to unblock phone, setup it and then you will be able to use it in recovery.
He's asking for the OFox recovery's own password's bypass (which is completely separate), not to bypass the data encryption (what you are talking about). I guess....

Good evening everyone.
I wanted to ask, could you please tell me if it might make sense to update the O-Fox recovery, from R11_3_A12_FBEv1 to the latest R11.1_6_1_A12_FBEv2??
Do I risk messing everything up?!? Thnx.

Good morning to everyone,
the link provided in the first post for the correct drivers requires registration in order to download, is there a link which doesn't require registration?
Another question: now my phone runs Android 11 and TWRP, in order to upgrade to Android 12 I'm supposed to first install compatible Recovery, (TWRP or OrangeFox), reboot into this new recovery after installation, and then install ROM from Recovery, is this correct or I'm missing something?
Last question: MIUI 14 Stable for Joyeuse is an FBEv1 or FBEv2 kind of ROM?
Sorry if questions may seem obvious, but I've been away from all this stuff for a long time...
Many thanks...

Good morning to everyone,
the link provided in the first post for the correct drivers requires registration in order to download, is there a link which doesn't require registration?
Another question: now my phone runs Android 11 and TWRP, in order to upgrade to Android 12 I'm supposed to first install compatible Recovery, (TWRP or OrangeFox), reboot into this new recovery after installation, and then install ROM from Recovery, is this correct or I'm missing something?
Last question: MIUI 14 Stable for Joyeuse is an FBEv1 or FBEv2 kind of ROM?
Sorry if questions may seem obvious, but I've been away from all this stuff for a long time...
Many thanks...
Hi there...
Regarding the First question, I have no idea WHAT that link would do to download, so I can't help you on that matter... Of course, if the PC 'recognises' the phone (with 'USB-Debug' active) there shouldn't be any problems...
For the second question, Yes: you must\should flash (first) the Recovery compatible with the version of Android\Xiaomi.eu that you are about to update.
Third question: I put the FBEv1, and everything has always gone well... It would seem (...??) that the FBEv2, for Xiaomi.eu, is not good (because decryption won't work ??). Bye !!

Hi there...
Regarding the First question, I have no idea WHAT that link would do to download, so I can't help you on that matter... Of course, if the PC 'recognises' the phone (with 'USB-Debug' active) there shouldn't be any problems...
For the second question, Yes: you must\should flash (first) the Recovery compatible with the version of Android\Xiaomi.eu that you are about to update.
Third question: I put the FBEv1, and everything has always gone well... It would seem (...??) that the FBEv2, for Xiaomi.eu, is not good (because decryption won't work ??). Bye !!
Hi,
thank you very much for your answers! I wasn't completely sure I was following the right procedure.
As for the first question, it was about Redmi Note 9 Pro PC Drivers, and I solved it in a different way: I used MIFlash Unlock tool, because even if my phone's Bootloader is already unlocked, in this tool there's a menu option to install correct drivers for the connected phone, and now it is recognised under Fastboot.
As for the last question, i'll stick with FBEv1 then, having decryption working is really important, for me at least.
As I'm used to TWRP I'd go for it, unless OrangeFox is considered to be a better choice, any advice on this?
Thanks again! Bye...

As for the first question, it was about Redmi Note 9 Pro PC Drivers, and I solved it in a different way: I used MIFlash Unlock tool, because even if my phone's Bootloader is already unlocked, in this tool there's a menu option to install correct drivers for the connected phone, and now it is recognised under Fastboot.
Well Done !! And also, Good Thinking: in fact the (Good-Old) MiTool hadn't occurred to me... !!

As for the last question, i'll stick with FBEv1 then, having decryption working is really important, for me at least.
But of course: the (Very) Important Thing is that it works, and does what it's supposed to... NOT having the latest version!!

As I'm used to TWRP I'd go for it, unless OrangeFox is considered to be a better choice, any advice on this?
BOF... !!
Personal choice: for me O-Fox is more congenial, less bizarre, more intuitive\immediate, translated into different languages (and, sometimes, it doesn't hurt...) and also more 'nicer to look at'...
Well, let's face it: it's a big hassle to find yourself with some options\operations in CHINESE (or CYRILLIC?), when you need a tool that works (and Well!!), perhaps to solve some mess... Right?!?

Glad to have helped you (or helped?)!! Bye..

Well Done !! And also, Good Thinking: in fact the (Good-Old) MiTool hadn't occurred to me... !!
:emoji_thumbsup:

But of course: the (Very) Important Thing is that it works, and does what it's supposed to... NOT having the latest version!!
I totally agree with you.

BOF... !!Personal choice: for me O-Fox is more congenial, less bizarre, more intuitive\immediate, translated into different languages (and, sometimes, it doesn't hurt...) and also more 'nicer to look at'...Well, let's face it: it's a big hassle to find yourself with some options\operations in CHINESE (or CYRILLIC?), when you need a tool that works (and Well!!), perhaps to solve some mess... Right?!?
I completely agree on this point too, so I'll give it a try.

Glad to have helped you (or helped?)!! Bye..
Thank you for all your answers, they've been really helpful! Bye!

Reactions: Nikko_Foxx