Mi Smart Switch Fails to Bind (-100) error

ncsamel

Members
May 7, 2024
Hello

I am installing a number of Mi Smart Switches with Displays, these are 1,2 & 3 key and use the BLE Mi Gateway to connect, sync and configure. The app must be set to Mainland China.

The first two installed ok, very quick to connect and appear in the App for configuration, these include a 1 & 3 key version. However, the next 3 key can be seen in the App as available to connect but then fails to Bind with an error -100.

I have reset the Gateway Hub, powered off and on, pressed the right key to reset the Bluetooth but the same error. The gateway is only a few meters away from the device. I tried powering down the other Smart Switches, again same error.

I am seeking if anyone has had the same error or if there is another lower level reset that can be performed on these types of switches.

While I have contacted the seller, they are Aliexpress, that is a long process and often do not know the product.

Any help to recover this would be appreciated.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2716x.jpg
    IMG_2716x.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 11
Seller has provided a free return and credit, all other switches of the same type have joined the IoT network / BLE gateway without issues