Battery drain with HyperOs Stable Mi 11 ultra

ChessMasher

Members
Apr 22, 2024
Hi, i just bought a Mi 11 ultra and decided to update it to HyperOs stable, the thing is, the battery drains very quicly, like 10% in 10 minutes, even with battery saver, is there any fix...? or should i go back to MIUI?

Thanks in advance

Hi, i just bought a Mi 11 ultra and decided to update it to HyperOs stable, the thing is, the battery drains very quicly, like 10% in 10 minutes, even with battery saver, is there any fix...? or should i go back to MIUI?

Thanks in advance
nope, I have high battery drain on Mi 11, if your phone is used ? the battery is probably already lost some of its lifespan + hyperos high drain yeah its not good, I replaced battery few months ago and although the battery drain is higher than it was on Miui14 I can still make it into late evening, so living with it right now hoping for update to fix the high battery drain

Im considering going back to Miui 14 but I would need to completely setup the phone again

nope, I have high battery drain on Mi 11, if your phone is used ? the battery is probably already lost some of its lifespan + hyperos high drain yeah its not good, I replaced battery few months ago and although the battery drain is higher than it was on Miui14 I can still make it into late evening, so living with it right now hoping for update to fix the high battery drain

Im considering going back to Miui 14 but I would need to completely setup the phone again
I see, its a brand new phone, so its not a battery issue, i would have to go back to miui 14 as well, thanks for the reply tho.

Thanks in advance
After updating from MIUI 14 to HYPEROS on my 11 Ultra three weeks ago, I immediately noticed high battery drain. After waiting for like 10 minutes with the screen off to give it a chance to finalize any probable background after-installation actions, I performed a restart. It didn't help. After some time having let the phone without using it, I noticed that the screen was a bit warm, especially near the fingerprint scanner, although it should be cold, meaning that indeed the battery was draining fast. This was also confirmed by the phone itself in the Settings/Battery graph. Then I thought I would minimize battery usage by deactivating Always-On-Display. This did the trick for me. After doing so and letting the screen off for some time, the phone cooled off and the battery drain stopped. I don't know if this is relevant, but disabling AOD seems to have done the trick for me... Since then, the battery drain is normal again.

After updating from MIUI 14 to HYPEROS on my 11 Ultra three weeks ago, I immediately noticed high battery drain. After waiting for like 10 minutes with the screen off to give it a chance to finalize any probable background after-installation actions, I performed a restart. It didn't help. After some time having let the phone without using it, I noticed that the screen was a bit warm, especially near the fingerprint scanner, although it should be cold, meaning that indeed the battery was draining fast. This was also confirmed by the phone itself in the Settings/Battery graph. Then I thought I would minimize battery usage by deactivating Always-On-Display. This did the trick for me. After doing so and letting the screen off for some time, the phone cooled off and the battery drain stopped. I don't know if this is relevant, but disabling AOD seems to have done the trick for me... Since then, the battery drain is normal again.
I did that, the battery drain is still high, even with battery saver mode, ill go back to MIUI 14

I've had the same problem, I've updated my Xiaomi 11T Pro to HyperOS and the battery only lasts for a maximum of 10 hours. It's not a battery problem; from what I've been able to analyze, after a while, all the apps start running in the background, even with battery restrictions. I've had over 40 apps open draining my battery. This is clearly an OS problem. I'm still analyzing the solution.

A few other things you can do to reduce battery drain.
1. Turn off screen auto-rotate
2. Turn off mi cloud sync
3. Turn off xiaomi interconnectivity
It's still higher than the older miui but now my battery can last over 12 hours at least.
My device is a 2 year old Mi 11 Pro on HyperOS xiaomi.eu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-18-01-18-13-299_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-18-01-18-13-299_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2024-05-18-08-48-55-248_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-18-08-48-55-248_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: