The OG Fever

Members
May 5, 2024
I got my Xiaomi 14 Ultra (EU model) about three weeks ago. And I have noticed a couple of issues that are quite annoying…

No. 1: When using speakerphone in a call, the other person's sound completely disappear for about 5-20 seconds randomly.

No. 2: Mobile data stops working randomly. It can be solved pretty quick by just turning it off and on again. But still a bit annoying.

No. 3: Both the 3.2x and 5x cameras have a serious focusing issue when there is backlight. It's basically impossible to focus on a subject. "Tap to focus" does nothing! It refuses to focus. It only wants to focus on the background for some reason. Happens when it gets slightly darker too.

No. 4: The fingerprint sensor sometimes doesn't respond, so you have to lift your thumb and try again, sometimes up to 3-4 times.

No. 5: Battery life. It dies surprisingly fast. The battery life is like 40% of what my Samsung s21 Ultra had.

No. 6: When you get multiple notifications in a row from the same app, they replace each other, so when you get a new notification from the same app, the old one disappears.

No. 7: Changing the screen resolution to 1440p changes the look and functionality of widgets and apps. Makes them look and act weird.

No. 8: Can't receive notifications from certain apps. Even after changing all the settings (no restrictions, auto start...)

No. 9: Overheating. It over heats really easily. And it overheats a lot! Sometimes to the point that almost hurts to hold it.